Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer...with a side of milk

I am so happy.....it's that simple....I am so  happy...i spend my days with my girls, i stay up late watching movies with my husband, i say "yes" to the pool, "yes" to ice cream, "yes" to sidewalk chalk and sprinklers...."yes"...and it feels so good. Summer has offically started, and has worked it's way back into our lives..... Like an old friend, picking up right where we left off, Summer and i are enjoying getting to know each other again.
And i am enjoying watching my girls make their own reintroductions.


Go get her my little hermit crab.....


Lately Ava and i have found a new love for sidewallk chalk. We play hopscotch and draw mermaids. Paloma goes between scribbles and eating the chalk.......never the less, i'm sure the neighbors by now are used to a grown woman chasing rolling chalk down the driveway or me running through the  sprinkler fully clothed.....did i say i'm happy? I'm happy:)


I think someone else is happy too...


Yum! Yellow...her favorite flavor! So many to choose from......


And now a few picturea by Ava, she loves to photograph Paloma...







......and mama, a treasure i found on the camera from our nap the other day..


We aren't quite there yet, but we are working on it, little by little. I am eight weeks into reclaiming what we lost....it isn't easy, and i've almost quit many times. But each time i want to give up something like this happens, and my girl keeps me going...........so yes, i am very happy.....

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for your perseverance! Paloma is so lucky to have such a determined mom. When things get tough just remember that even a little breastmilk can be a huge benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an awesome job, April! You are such a wonderful mama to those two little girls, and they are so precious. Tell Ava she is a gifted photographer :)

    ReplyDelete